Thursday 27 March 2014

Encouragement

The turn of the year seems so long ago, it seems only yesterday myself and Dan were sat in a local pub running through a myriad of ideas about our theatre company. Then we didn't have a name or even an idea of what our first production would be. We did have the best of intentions however, any grander schemes have been planned and executed without those featuring at all on the agenda.

The past three months have not been a disappointment. People have continued to surprise and amaze me with their kindness, their generosity and a spirit of support without the need to have anything in return. More and more in today's culture it becomes apparent as someone is doing you a favour that five minutes down the friendship they will expect the favour return, with interest. 

Why though? Surely one of the greatest feelings a human being can experience is the unconditional offering of friendship and advice. Then to see the fruits of your labours grow and prosper, in no small part to the help you gave the young sapling. It will continue to grow and one day when your walking past and feeling peckish, an apple may well just throw from a branch into your hand and you'll smile because the journey has come full circle.

Back to today, back to real life.

About a month ago I got in touch with a lovely young lady on Twitter @BeautyinBeta who runs a blog herself and was kind enough to give me some warm words of encouragement. Her genre is fashion and from the stolen glances I've taken at her website she certainly knows a thing or two so if you're intrigued here's the link. It was with a small tinge of pride that I tweeted her news on this blog's creation and in the style of this post she instantly re-tweeted the link. This is social media being what it was intended to be... Sociable.

Further focused thanks must go to Coulson Macleod who happen to be based in the same town I live in, Kettering (Northamptonshire). I initially approached Hannah on LinkedIn with an idea to get some help on the design front for our promo material for our first production, Henrik Ibsen's 'A Doll's House' set to be staged at the Kettering Arts Centre on May 10th. Unfortunately she wasn't able to help out on that front, but has since opened my mind a little to the 'Twitter Universe' and has given me a platform to get in touch with other local companies. I just want to take this moment to say thank you..

Of course there are a great many other people who have helped and encouraged me but I thought I'd give a nod in this post to the creation of this actual blog. It goes without saying if anyone has a particular subject or facet of theatre you'd like me to discuss and focus on, then please leave a comment below and i'll be my best asap.


1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Congrats for starting your blog up. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck! Beth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...