Thursday 9 October 2014

The trouble with Blogging


I love blogging. It allows me to write about anything I’m passionate about and gives me a brief break from reality. I can also write about whatever takes my fancy and feel excited about at that time, be it during a football match, in the run up to a theatre production I’m directing, or even after a hopefully tasty meal at a local restaurant. With the invention of modern technology I can even write articles on the move and away from my computer, which means you can capture the true moment which prompted you to write about it in the first place. So.. what’s the trouble I hear you ask?

Finding bloody time! I hate that life seems to rush by with a thousand things I need to do, which prevents me taking the time to write. The immediate response quite rightly is, ‘you don’t NEED to do anything’, but in my case I beg to differ ever so slightly. I run a theatre company, I direct rehearsals, organise social media and all the other trappings you don’t think about such as make-up and costume. That carries with it a responsibility to my cast to make sure everything is arranged properly and thus deliver the end product – a cracking piece of theatre.

I also have a 9-5 job so my time is severely limited. I think the key word is ‘time’. I remember a conversation I had with a friend recently which in a nutshell was about him having thousands of photos on Facebook of events and places we had gone but couldn’t actually recall the emotions or feelings he experienced at the time as he was so focused on snapping away. We’re all guilty of not giving ourselves enough ‘me’ time which is vital for you to appreciate your life and the people around you. Having time to step back from the spotlight also allows you to decide what things you do or don’t like or enjoy. So often society or the media dictate trends and people we should herald or berate, but why? Because it is fed to us through a drip while we busy ourselves at work or commuting or anything else that doesn’t enrich our lives. It’s easier to be told something then take time to find out for yourself, and thus when having a conversation with someone who asks me my taste in books, music, film or theatre, I tend to give an honest answer which leaves a puzzled look on their face as it’s something they’ve never heard of. I do encourage people to go away and look up whatever my answer was.

The last paragraph gives us an answer to the title of this article, I’ve just written that with a great energy and enthusiasm because I care about the subject matter. Whilst I do welcome people to offer suggestions for articles for me to write I do prefer plucking something out of thin air and typing away for however long and looking at the end result. An article packed with honesty and genuine opinion. I will be reviewing several local restaurants and venues over the next week or two as a nod to all the Northants peeps that read this blog. In any case, farewell for now and speak soon!

Important Links:

Our FB- www.facebook.com/CDProductions.theatre

Our website - www.cd-productions.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...