Wednesday 18 June 2014

Guest Blog - Royal Armouries Visit

 
Hello lovelies, I’m so happy to be here and doing this guest blog for Chris, I hope you will enjoy it. Oh by the way I’m Kelly. Hello.

So, me and my partner went on a day out with his family to the royal armouries as his little brother and sister had wanted to go. It was a great sunny day which made it perfect for going out and making most of the warm weather before it changed, like the typical British weather.
 
 
It has to be said I had fun to learn a little more about past times and how they work with their weapons and everything along with it, but I believe it was more fun to watch my partner’s younger siblings walking around and getting excited at the little things. Especially with having a younger boy there his face lit up with all the weapons and armour.

 
While we were there they had a little show on for us. This was explaining how they fought and what techniques work well and which wouldn’t have. It was honestly great to watch as it was people who clearly loved there job ad what things that it entailed, which if you ask me makes it better than someone who doesn’t like their job. But saying that who wouldn’t love their job if they got to play around with swords and put shows on for people who will appreciate it? It had defiantly brought memories back from history lessons at work, which I was never the best at but I had fun in those lesson and I loved to learn about how different things are now to what they was years and years ago. I did love all the little screens they have there as well so you can watch and learn as well as reading the signs.
 
 
 
I would definitely tell people to go there if they were in the Leeds area and love that kind of thing about olden times and all the weapons and the way that they worked. But me being like I am I would defiantly go again just for the little show they had on. They do also have a great little gift shop where you can find some amazing gifts for yourself or to get to other people as presents.
I hope you all enjoy this little post. If you have ever been to the Royal Armouries leave a comment let me know what you thought.
Love Kelly xo
 
 
(As always, I want to thank Kelly for putting together a great article about a lovely place I visited a fair bit when I lived in Leeds for three years. It's a great place for all the family and is only a short walk from the city centre. If anyone reading has any places they've been and would like to write about, please do drop me an email or twitter message!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...