Tuesday 10 June 2014

Guest Blogger Intro - Billie Hyde



Hello Theatre Thoughts readers! I am Billie and I have been offered the chance to write weekly posts for you fanatics by Chris. I know a new person can make things pretty scary but I hope you like my quirky and hopefully creative future posts that I have got lined up for all of you! I’d like you to get to know me before I start plodding along with useless insights of the business and my honest opinions.

What? Why am I here you ask? 

Chris wanted to add a female touch to this amazing blog and I am far too annoying to let an opportunity like this slip through my fingers. After enthusiastically spamming Chris on twitter he offered me the spot. Which was amazing and I am not going to lie to you, I did a performance of ‘I am the greatest star’ by Barbara. I love getting blog opportunities!

The first thing you should know, and which you might have even noticed I have an odd sense of humour, I do admit I enjoy my own jokes and I hope you do as well. I am a keen thespian, my preference is musicals! I get quite weird in conversations about musicals… I try to see one west end performance a year (I’m unemployed at the minute, it’s the best I can do, please feel my pain). I also see most performances that tour to my home town of Sheffield! Once again my unemployment defeated me when I could either go see ‘West Side Story’ or my future wife Paloma Faith. I chose my wife. Let a girl dream… and don’t tell me boyfriend about my secret spouse!

The one thing you should know about me above all is that I am a professional fan girl. It’s more than an obsession for me, it’s a lifestyle. I am obsessed with Barbara Streisand, Musicals, Les Mis, Cameron Mackintosh, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Doctor who. There a lot more to this list but I don’t want to bore you when it’s only my first post! 

Hmmm, what else is there about me? I have a pug and a tortoise, which are my non-human best friends. Once I held the world record on Crazy Cabbie the Facebook game for two weeks. I wish I screenshot’d my achievement because people never believe me when I tell them now. I like inventing new words and when I was little I wanted to grow up to be a mermaid.


I have experience in different aspects of the performing arts by doing this at college. I plan to share my knowledge in the different sectors through my posts. I have a blog of my own which is really irrelevant to this one but if you want to see more of the things I do you can find my on www.Iambillie.wordpress.com or alternatively if you want find my on twitter I am @IBeBillie I recommend finding me on both. I don’t mean to brag but I think I am pretty hilarious.  

That is about all there is to me. Please like me? 

Billie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...